The following articles by Masaharu Takano are 2008 reprints of “How the Famicom Was Born″, a series covering the events that lead up to the creation of the Famicom and the details of its development. They were originally serialized from 1994 to 1995 in issues of the Japanese magazine Nikkei Electronics. Their translations were commissioned by Nathan Altice. As a result, the articles will appear in the order he requests them to be translated rather than sequentially.
• Part 1 – The Dawn of Video Games
• Part 6 – Making the Famicom a Reality
• Part 7 – Deciding on the Specs
• Part 8 – Synonymous With the Domestic Game Console
• Part 9 – The Short-Lived Disk System
• Part 10 – Developing the Famicom Modem